Copyright 2001 by Florence Mulhern All Rights reserved
"Completed in 1935, the Epping Forest Chapel has been for nearly half a century a focal point of this small forested community and a center of its spirit and religious devotion. It is a monument to its builder, Harry Spencer who struggled against great odds and doubts to build it. Restored in 1999-2000, it is also a tribute to the donors and volunteers who have given it a new life for the twenty-first century." "Here is the story of t he Epping Forest Chapel, its good times and bad, from the dream of one man to the pride of an entire community for generations to come."